Sunday, October 26, 2014

Slideshow Story - Cafeteria

For my group project, I plan on doing a slideshow and story based off the Lyndonville school cafeteria.

I plan on taking photos of the cafeteria, and also have planned interviews lined up with some of the staff that works there (which includes the manager Michael). Using the audio and images I will create a story that explains how a usual day goes in the Cafeteria for the staff, and even the students.

I myself have previously worked at the school cafeteria (and I have plans to come back, but currently am busy with loads of classes, so am unable to), so I have experience with the place, and am familiar with how a normal day goes for the place. Cleaning, putting food again, refilling the ice etc… All of those things will be shown in my slideshow.

Working at the cafeteria was never an easy thing for me, and what I often saw was that some of the students were often irresponsible when it came to their use of the cafeteria.

Its one thing to pick up a mess (I’ll admit I’ll left some mess at the school cafeteria), but it’s another to just leave your civil ware there and expect people to pick it up for you. The people who work hard at the cafeteria are not people’s servants, they are just regular people, who are simply doing their jobs, and most of them would very much appreciate if more people weren’t so careless.

The purpose of this project is to give more insight into just how hard working at the cafeteria can really be, but it is also to show that more people should value the school cafeteria then they seemingly do. It's cool and nice to chat with people, but sometimes cafeteria workers just don't appreciate huge messes, especially when those messes seem more careless than accidental.

I’m doing this slideshow all by my own, with no help what so ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment