Sunday, September 14, 2014

Radiodrome - A Review

Radiodrome - Episode 114: The Worst Movies of All Time - March 10, 2013 

Radiodrome is a weekly podcast hosted by Josh Hadley (the same Josh Hadley who did the podcast I just reviewed Geek Juice Radio), Brad Jones (until he left in 2013, due to lack of interest and trying to do his other shows at the same time). Currently it’s hosted by Josh, Alex Jowski, and Charlie McMullen (all three of them were in my previous podcast Geek Juice Radio). It airs every Thursday night at 9 PM CST via Jackalope Radio's website. What distinguishes it from Geek Juice Radio is that where as Geek Juice Radio is about geek culture, and various things that are relating to it, such as movies, comics, and video games, Radiodrome is just about movies, movie genres, franchise retrospectives (Robocop, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Highlander, Dirty Harry among others were done on that show) etc... A lot of topics are also about Grindhouse and exploitation cinema.

I pikked Radiodrome, because its already a podcast that I subscribed to. Much like Geek Juice Media. I really like Radiodrome for its subject material which is movies (in this case its entirely about movies), its humor and all around is a fascinating podcast to listen to. I don't listen to Radiodrome on my Ipod or any other portable player. Instead I listen to episodes online.

The Review

This episode features Hadley, Jowski and McMullen (Brad Jones was out for this episode, this was before he left). This episode is about the three going over the Wikipedia page "List of Movies Considered the Worst". A lot of the films on the list I consider myself to be bad (though I'm surprised that Son of The Mask isn't on that list, it’s an awful film and pretty infamous). The three do a nice job of looking at the list and talking about all the movie. 

This episode of Radiodrome is hilarious and interesting much like Geek Juice Radio. What I particularly like about this episode is the interactions between Hadley, Jowski and McMullen. We see them go through this list and talk about infamously bad movies, such as Manos: The Hands of Fate and Batman & Robin. It’s fascinating what they have to say about the movies on the list. Jowski for example is a big fan of Manos: The Hands of Fate, but for all the wrong reasons, while he and McMullen both love watching The Room as unintentional comedy (which is pretty much how everyone views the movie as). I don't always agree with some of their opinions though, especially towards Josh Hadley opinion on Alone In The Dark, as I pretty much think that's an awful film, whereas Josh actually thinks it’s a fine film, but I can respect his opinion. It also helps that are a few movies of Uwe Boll's I actually like.

This show is really for lovers of exploitation films, obscure movies and films in general (I'm a huge lover of film and I love obscure movies so that helps with my enjoyment of the show). Some episodes even talk about the film industry itself.

The episode runs 52m long, and 5m's that is with a credits song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment